Thursday, August 17, 2006

Hooray! Hurrah! Huzzah!

For the most part, I have loved Tim Burton's work. Beetlejuice was one of my favorite movies when I was a youngster. I enjoyed Edward Scissorhands, but barely remember it. That one may warrant a re-viewing. I loved Batman, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Sleepy Hollow, Big Fish, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. His cameo in Singles was hilarious.

At the same time, I admire Johnny Depp. He's extremely versatile and frequently odd. Benny & Joon, Sleepy Hollow, Chocolat, Pirates of the Caribbean, Finding Neverland, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Odd director. Odd actor. Great pairing, yet again. Who else would you want acting and directing a musical that is subtitled, "The Demon Barber of Fleet Street?" Somehow, I get the feeling that this is going to be a very gory movie a la Sleepy Hollow with a 0% chance of seeing it with Brianne...

2 Comments:

At 9:48 PM, Blogger Brianne said...

Could there be a *negative* percent chance of me seeing that movie? If so, then that is more likely than 0%.

(Heehee. Just bein' maudlin.)

With the exception of his role in Finding Neverland (beatiful, beautiful film) Johnny Depp CREEPS ME OUT!!!!

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Brianne said...

Oh, and I didn't mind him in Chocolat.

(And I really do know how to spell beautiful....)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home