Friday, February 10, 2006

Friday Random Ten

OK, it's a common, silly meme, but I've often thought it would be interesting to see what came out of my iPod by setting it to random. My musical tastes are fairly wide and bizarre, so let's give it a try...

1) Red Hot Chili Peppers, "My Friends" - One of only two (with Aeroplane) from the Dave Navarro era that I can listen to.

2) Moulin Rouge, "Like a Virgin" - Probably the worst song from the movie, I never really cared for it.

3) Coldplay, "Speed of Sound" - Ah, guilty pleasures. Yes, I confess. I like Coldplay. I've never really understood the backlash against them. Sure, a lot of it sounds similar, but it's pleasant to hear.

4) Belle & Sebastian, "Me and the Major" - Fun song. B&S are a very interesting group. It seems that everyone who's heard them loves their music. But not very many people have heard them...

5) Annie Lennox, "A Whiter Shade of Pale" - I like this version just as much as the original. The tinkling sound that plays the instrumental theme is a little annoying, but her voice is so lovely that I can forgive that. The random harp notes are oddly nice, too. This is one of my favorite Annie Lennox songs.

6) Dave Matthews Band, "Spoon" - Nice tune. I never play it intentionally, but whenever it comes on, I enjoy it.

7) Rolling Stones, "Beast of Burden" - I've never been a huge Stones fan, but this is one I've always liked.

8) David Lanz, "Improvisation: Near the Still Waters of Amsterdam" - If you're looking for some relaxing solo piano stuff, pick up "Return to the Heart." Very soothing music.

9) Rent, "Rent" - I love Rent. Yes, it's melodramatic. Yes, there's something a little silly about having finely tuned singers on top of a rock beat. But it's just so much fun.

10) Peter Gabriel, "Blood of Eden" - "Us" is such a great CD. This song is one of the reasons why.

OK, so there was nothing too bizarre this week. Part of the reason for that is that I have very little classical stuff on my iPod (I've still got a lot of ripping to do and not a lot of time to do it...). We'll see what comes up in future samples. Only 2495 more songs to go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home