Friday, May 06, 2005

Clarence Darrow Lives

Or, rather, his spirit does. I was reading some more on the Kansas evolution "hearings". Pedro Irigonegaray is my hero for his wonderful counters. From the article: "When a later witness, Jonathan Wells, said he enjoyed being in the minority on such a controversial topic, Mr. Irigonegaray retorted, 'More than being right?'"

As for the validity of evolution, I point you to this article from the Washington Post. The Discovery Institute, one of the loudest ID proponents, was proud to present the names of 356 scientists who questioned evolution. In response, the National Center for Science Education found 543 scientists named "Steve" (though it also included a few Stephanies) who declare the evidence overwhelmingly in favor of evolution. I think it's safe to say we have a consensus...

I'm so glad I don't live in Kansas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home