Thursday, May 04, 2006

11. Is That Also Their IQ?

I may not always succeed, but I try to avoid condescending remarks that imply someone with a different opinion is stupid. It's rude and an incredibly poor argument. Well, here is a case where I will not succeed. An article on Yahoo news reports the results of a survey regarding the trustworthiness of news sources. When asked to name the most trusted news source, the leading answer for American respondents was Fox News.

Utterly. Un. Believable.

I cannot fathom this. I simply have no words to express my dismay regarding this fact.

The positive spin of this, though, is that only 11% named Fox. I see that as a mixed blessing. In this country, there are many options. I would imagine that the responses for CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, the AP, Reuters, etc. would not be far behind that 11%. So that leaves some hope.

2 Comments:

At 1:27 PM, Blogger Christina said...

Remember, those are also the same majority that hired our fearless leader. Yep, I'm sure that's their IQ, too.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger the fiddlin' fool said...

Well, that statistic is inherently skewed. There is really only one Fox News, hence it will attract all of the people that enjoy that type of news reporting. The rest are distributed across the other news agencies you mentioned.

So it's a product that we don't have more news agencies like Fox. Thank the Lord.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home