Thursday, May 04, 2006

Done

Two semesters of grad school. Complete. In the record books. OK, well, the grades haven't been reported yet, but I do not have to contribute one additional iota of mental capacity toward finishing Advanced Operating Systems. I wouldn't mind doing more work for Security. Actually, I will be since that is the field of my thesis. But I am now done with that class.

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......

I have learned a lot this year, and not all of it has been directly related to course topics. Rather, I have learned that I have no interest in doing advanced work in the area of computer science known as "Systems." I now understand that my primary area of interest is the mathematical and theoretical aspects of computer security. The ability to formulate the thought in the previous sentence is, by far, the most valuable piece of knowledge that I have accumulated in the past year.

At this moment, I now feel more confident and more able to pursue a Ph.D. than I previously felt. That is an exquisite feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home