Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Backpedal A Little Faster

As you probably know by now, Pat Robertson is backpedalling and apologizing for his remarks that the U.S. should assassinate Venezuela's democratically-elected president Hugo Chavez. I don't have a lot to add to this other than what others have already said, but I can't pass up this opportunity to ridicule Robertson for his typical BS apology. His apology says, "I didn't say 'assassination.' I said our special forces should 'take him out.'" Of course, "take him out" can mean things other than "kill the bastard." Furthermore, "I was misinterpreted by the AP [Associated Press], but that happens all the time." For a refresher, here's what he actually said: "If he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think we really ought to go ahead and do it." So, you can see, he never used the word "assassination." Only "assassinate." He was clearly misinterpreted and taken out of context. Damn that liberal Associated Press and their lies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home