Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Why does Windows still suck?

I bookmarked this article a few months ago and just got around to reading it now. It is interesting that after all the crap you go through with Microsoft products, they are still dominant. Perhaps if Microsoft put more of an effort into working on the kernel instead of writing flight simulator programs that run inside Excel 97, they'd have fixes to these issues. And kudos to the writer of the article for mentioning Linux. After 2 and a half years of running RedHat (version 8 first, now Fedora), I have yet to have a problem with my home desktop that hasn't been related to hardware (bum power supply). And I keep that up, running, and connected to the internet 24x7. I definitely like Apple. If they could build in a nicely integrated command-line interface (gotta get my scripting fix) and worked with the 3 button/intelliscroll mouse, I would definitely consider buying one. But for now, I'll stick with Fedora (though I've also heard Gentoo is really nice).

2 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh, I don't know much about computers so I can't comment on the blog. But I can comment on your profile: it's outdated! You have now SUCCESSFULLY gotten into grad school!
Brianne

 
At 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hah!
u sucker

 

Post a Comment

<< Home